CL

Sunday, July 27, 2008

How Time Flies

I received a message today that reminded me to enjoy the kicks and rolls in the belly because time flies. It brought tears to my eyes as I thought about how true that was.

This time last year, I was a few weeks away from meeting Michael. This past year with him has been absolutely wonderful. He captured my heart from the beginning. When I saw him for the first time, I knew he was the one I'd waited my whole life for. I instantly fell in love with him and have been head over heels ever since. He is the truly the most amazing man I know and I'm so lucky to have him as my husband.

I never thought last year that I'd be married and expecting a child. Life surprises us. I remember when we found out we were pregnant .. we could hardly believe it. I think I cried alot the first couple of days wondering how in the world I could be a good mommy without neglecting Michael or school. That soon turned to happiness as we began planning for life with a new baby.
I remember the first ultrasound and seeing the heartbeat. We created it? Wow. I worried so much in between each prenatal ... what if something happens and I don't know it??? Then I started showing. Then I felt kicking. Then sleeping became uncomfortable. Then we found out it's a little girl.

Time has flown so fast. I want it to all slow down. I know before long ... she'll be here. Then she'll smile. Roll over. Coo. Crawl. Toddle. Walk. Run. Skip. Jump. Grow up. Before long ... she won't even be a baby anymore.

Time flies so fast. Don't take it for granted. Love the one you're with and tell them everyday =)

No comments: